Top 10 Christmas Songs to Listen To In Your Conversion Van
Every year I take the family on a long drive around town to look at lights on Christmas Eve. We take along our favorite Christmas music CDs and have a great time critiquing decorations and singing at the tops of our lungs. But this year we're going to take it to the next level. Why? Because I just bought a conversion van.
I'm now looking forward to Christmas Eve like never before. And in honor of the special event I'd like to offer you the Top 10 Christmas Songs to Listen to in Your Conversion Van.
10. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (Brenda Lee) - This is one of the all-time classics that will get your night started right. Turn up the volume and swivel in those most excellent captains chairs!
9. Jingle Bell Rock (Chubby Checker and Bobby Rydell) - Lots of people covered this song but nobody does it quite like Bobby R. and the Chubster.
8. Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer (Gene Autry) - If you've got kids this one is a must. Not only do they love it, but it offers you a great opportunity to warn them that Santa's on his way so they'd better sit down in the back and be quiet. Oh, they need to have fun too!
7. Wonderful Christmastime (Paul McCartney) - Not only is this song excellent in and of itself, but it's also a reminder of that era when conversion vans were really cool. You can't have Christmas in your conversion van without McCartney or the Beatles.
6. Happy Christmas (John Lennon and Yoko Ono) - See above.
5. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer (Elmo and Patsy) - You need this one just for the humor and nostalgia of it all. By the way, this song is also great fun with a little eggnog once you get the kids to bed.
4. Feliz Navidad (Josť Feliciano) - Even though I have no idea what he's singing, I still love this song. Dark glasses and Spanish make anything sound better.
3. Frosty the Snowman (Gene Autry) - Here's another one for the kids. Unfortunately, it can lead to depression if you live in a snowy climate but global warming is ruining all.
2. Blue Christmas (Elvis Presley) - It's the King. Need I say more?
And the number one Christmas song to listen to in your conversion van is:
Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen!
With that driving bass, pounding drums, and screeching "Boss" voice it's time to crank up that custom stereo and make their ears bleed.
Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night!
Tags: Conversion Van Tips