Best Places to Camp in Texas
If you are one of the millions of Americans who would love to take your family on a vacation but find it too hard to absorb the cost, then you might want to consider traveling in a class b motorhome. This will allow you to save a considerable amount of money in comparison to a vacation that involves air travel and will provide you with many other advantages, including the option to take your family where you want and when you want. If this sounds great to you, then consider the beautiful state of Texas for your RV vacation. Texas is very popular location among RV travelers and will be a trip that you will always cherish. Read on to learn about the top ten RV campgrounds in this stunning state.
1. Mill Creek Ranch Resort is a busy RV campground and sets the standard in the state. This family campground boasts 200 stunning acres with natural beauty, numerous RV sites which are easily maneuvered for any size RV, pools and hot tubs, fully equipped cottages, restrooms, bathing facilities, lounges, fire pits, picnic tables and much more. This campground excels at customer service and goes above and beyond to ensure that you enjoy your stay, even offering a concierge service to escort you to your site.
2. The Vineyards Campground on Lake Grapevine is a first class RV campground and is a favorite for RV travelers. This campground is superbly maintained with only the highest standards of cleanliness and offers the service that is unmatched. The location could not be more beautiful with the most stunning views of the lake. This campground also features top notch amenities including a variety of site options, covered picnic tables, wooden decks and patios, fully furnished cabins, fishing, swimming beach, playground, laundry facilities, kayaks and much much more.
3. Guadalupe River RV Resort is a top campground situated close to downtown Kerrville. Here, you will have the tranquility of peace, fresh air and a clean environment with the most breathtaking views. The staff is committed to ensuring that your stay is perfect and are more than pleased to provide you with assistance. The campground features patios, picnic areas, fully equipped cabins, high speed wireless internet, laundry facilities, bathrooms, a clubhouse, a sauna, spa and much more.
4. Situated on the outskirts of Bentsen Rio Grande Valley State Park, you will find the scenic Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort. This spectacular campground is very inviting and includes the most outstanding amenities. It offers planned activities that are full of fun and excitement and does not charge for numerous extras, such as air compressors, bikes and kayaks. This campground is the perfect place for socializing and will allow you to share your vacation with other RV travelers.
5. The luxurious Buckhorn Lake Resort is an RV travelers dream. This upscale campground is well maintained and includes various sites with all the amenities you could ask for. The campground regularly hosts special events and offers many fun activities to ensure that your stay is anything but dull. The campground is even set up to accommodate your extended pet family.
6. South Padre Island KOA is everything you could possibly want from a top rated campground. It has been built on the perfect location and offers excellent sites, deluxe waterfront lodging options, superb service and all the amenities you could ask for. The campground’s sandy playground is the perfect place to have lots of fun with your family and its recreation room provides you with a comfortable place to just relax.
7. You will find Canyon of the Eagles Campground on an enormous 940 acre lot of the most scenic countryside. It is filled with hills and wildlife, making it the perfect place for nature lovers. This campground features a variety of camping options, an observatory, walking trails, lakes and fully equipped cottages for your comfort. Here, you will have a variety of activities to choose from, including kayaking, birding, fishing and hiking.
8. Rayford Crossing RV Resort is all you could want from a high end campground. Categorized as a modern and luxury campground, it is very well maintained and provides guests with regular entertainment shows. Here, you will find tons of beautiful sights and exciting activities for the family. Amenities include a heated pool and spa, a fully equipped work out area, laundry facilities, a pet park, a playground and a game room.
9. La Hacienda RV Resort and Cabins is a 35 acre top rated luxury campground located near Lake Travis. This campground features top notch amenities, 240 beautiful sites, 15 cabins and is just a short drive to downtown Austin. The campground staff is dedicated to making your stay as perfect as possible and will go out of their way to try and please you. This campground is the perfect place for an enjoyable and fun vacation and is even pet friendly.
10. Lake View RV Resort is a favorite among RV campers. This campground officially opened in 2005 and has become a top rated park in the United States. It is located on a 28 acre lot and features 251 sites with seventeen extremely spacious travel trailers. The campground is situated around a fishing lake and offers superb customer service. Best of all, you are even welcome to bring your pets.