Top 10 Ohio Campgrounds For Conversion Vans
With today’s economy in the shape that it is in people are not taking vacations like they used to. The thing is you don’t have to go far to have a good family vacation, even when camping in a conversion van. Ohio has quite a few campgrounds which are within a few hours driving distance.
The following is a list of ten campgrounds in Ohio which would make for a great vacation.
1. Sauder Village Campground – Located in Northwest Ohio has 47 campsites. It is also only a short walk to the Historic Village. It includes an indoor pool, hot tub and game room. It has a lake where you can go fishing. It has something for everyone in the family.
2. Bear Creek Resort Ranch KOA – This campground is just seven miles south of Canton. It includes camping for RV’s, tents, camping cabins and country cottages. It has something going on for the family which includes horseback riding, hayrides and miniature golf. Lots of things for the kids to do while the parents relax.
3. Cross Creek Resort – This is a family oriented with themed weekends such as Pirates Weekend held in July or Mardi Gras in August. Then there is the fall festival held in October. It has full hook up sites that are capable for big rigs. The camp ground includes a large swimming pool, clubhouse, game room and is close to area attractions.
4. Top O’ the Caves – This is a 60 acre campground that is in the heart of Hocking Hills. There is a gift shop, swimming pool, kids playground and a fishing pond. A perfect out of doors get away.
5. Shade Acres – Located in Port Clinton this campground is not far from Lake Erie and its sunny beaches. It is convenient to public boat launches for great fishing on Lake Erie. It has not only seasonal rates but yearly rates.
6. Indian Creek Recreation Destination – This campground has something for everyone from fishing in its well stocked lake to swimming in one of its heated pools. They also show the NASCAR races along with other sports events and nightly movies on their giant screen in the rally field.
7. Country Lakes Family Campground – A campground for the entire family this is located in the rural setting of Geauga County. It has three lakes, two for fishing and one for swimming along with a swimming pool. They also have drive-in style movies on weekends throughout the season. Plus it is pet friendly.
8. Clare-Mar Lakes Campground – This campground located seven miles south of Wellington has 220 acres of land for your camping pleasure. There is fishing, swimming, boating and planned activities. Plus it has a sandy beach if all you want to do is bask in the sun.
9. Arrowhead Campground – Besides local attractions there are playgrounds, basketball courts and a game room for the kids. There is also a place to fish with two stocked ponds. Not far from the campground is the Garst Museum; Home of Annie Oakley.
10. Cedarlane RV Park – This site is located within one mile of Lake Erie and is family oriented. There are four heated pools, basketball courts. There is also a Laundromat and clean modern restrooms and shower facilities. Then there is also an air conditioned arcade for the kids.
All of the sites about have campsites for RV’s or you can camp in tents. Most of them even have cabins and they all have things for the entire family.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and plan a vacation!