When You Need To Truly “Mobilize” Your Conversion Van…
Dave Arbogast Van Depot is know for conversion vans.
That’s a fact.
But did you know we’re also known for our mobility conversion vans?
We’re well aware every family out there is different. This is especially true when it comes to the families who purchase conversion vans from us. With that said, sometimes our customers need more than just a standard conversion van if they happen to have someone who is disabled in the family.
This is where the mobility van comes into play.
Believe it or not, mobility or wheelchair accessible vans encompass a large range of vehicles which have been modified with everything from a wheelchair ramp to powered lift.
Although every manufacturer’s conversion process is different when it comes to mobility vans, there are still a few basic guidelines which all seem to follow:
– Some portion of the floor is lowered
– Seating is modified to allow wheelchair access and is reconfigurable
– Means of external access added. This is most often a ramp, lift, or turning seat
– Suspension may be stiffened to allow extra weight of power chairs / additional weight from conversion
– Power kneeling system is typically added to reduce the slope of the ramp (side entry conversions)
– Gas tanks and fuel lines may be modified
– Vehicle is certified to meet NHTSA safety requirements
Also, there are no shortage of power lifts you can choose from for your mobility van. Additionally, we can also have a conversion vans’ side or rear doors raised by up to 10′ if a customer needs more headroom.
So remember. If you’re on the lookout for a quality mobility van, then it’s time to check out Dave Arbogast Van Depot.